What are the finest SEO tools that are free? Here, your search is over.
It’s really difficult to increase search traffic to your website.
However, you may quickly increase your search traffic and ranks if you have access to the appropriate SEO tools.
Few SEO tools are truly excellent, despite the fact that there are hundreds of them accessible.
To help you increase your traffic, we’ve put up a carefully curated collection of free SEO tools in this post.
You may get assistance with link development, keyword research, backlink analysis, content optimisation, and much more with these SEO tools.
Are you eager to learn about all the high-quality free SEO tools available? Without further ado, let’s find out.
29 Best Free SEO Tools to Boost Search Traffic
1. Google Trends
Google Trends is a crucial SEO tool for comparing search phrases and trends.
Google Trends can help you investigate blog niche subjects by region. Research and compare brands to see which performs better organically.
Use Google Trends to compare Ahrefs and Semrush, two popular SEO tools.
Google Trends shows that Semrush has outperformed Ahrefs internationally in the previous five years. Compare any items, people, businesses, or brands to see which is more popular.
Benefits of using Google Trends:
- It can be applied to market and product research.
- Investigate keywords using the trends as a guide.
- Find out the level of popularity of a topic or keyword (in any region)
- Find out when a topic is seasonal and much more.
- There is no cost to utilize it.
2. Google Analytics
Understanding your readers and how they engage with your blog is essential to building your brand and succeeding in blogging.
Google Analytics handles this.
You can boost search traffic with Google Analytics. It provides blog visitor data. They spend how long on your blog? From where do they visit your blog? The number of pages they visited? Many more.
The utility is free. This tool is free and requires a Google account.
Try applying SEO in every post to make your blog more search engine-friendly. Optimise outdated material for traffic. Google Analytics lets you see your blog’s most popular pages. After gathering that data, enhance those pages to increase traffic.
How to boost search traffic with analytics data?
- Log in to Google Analytics and click ‘view report’ on any blog.
- Check certain date ranges from a certain time.
- Click ‘top content’ at the bottom to see the most-visited pages.
- Click ‘view full report’ for details. Click each link to see where the traffic comes from.
- Click ‘Entrance sources’ and ‘Entrance keywords’ to identify the main traffic source. After identifying keywords, optimise that blog page.
3. Google Pagespeed Tool
Does your blog load quickly? If not, work on it sincerely. Website loading speed affects blog ranking. Blog design should improve user experience.
Google Pagespeed analyses blog site speed on mobile and desktop devices. Unresponsive blogs lose traffic. If a website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, almost 50% of users will leave.
You must know your site’s strengths and cons. Google pagespeed tool aids this. It offers several Google webmaster page load speed advice to make your blog more mobile-friendly.
Some of the tips to be followed:
- Image optimisation. This can be done with compressor and TinyPNG. Free ones are available. You can optimise an image without sacrificing quality.
4. SEO powersuite
It is one of the best SEO tools.
- Website Auditor optimises every step.
- Rank Tracker doesn’t always verify blog results. Spy on your competition to boost your brand. This tool reveals keyword performance for your competitors. Once you have the data, optimise your blog and grab visitors from competition.
- Guest blogging opportunities are best found via Link Assistant. Manage your links and form relationships.
- SEO SpyGlass: Explore various competition backlinks. More than 1,000,000 competitor backlinks. This data can help you create blog links.
First off, Semrush is not free SEO software. Why was it on the list? Free 14-day Semrush trial worth $129.95.
Semrush delivers over 45 SEO tools, including keyword research, competitor research, PPC, social media marketing, and more.
Semrush has the largest collection of 20 billion keywords, 310 million advertising, and 17 billion daily URLs.
This is the Semrush interface.
Semrush has many SEO tools, including domain overview, traffic analytics, keyword overview, position tracking, backlink analysis, and more.
Benefits of using Semrush:
- Discover any website’s backlink sources by analysing its backlink profile.
- Find millions of local and global keywords
- Conduct technical site audits to identify and fix issues.
- Monitor keyword ranks daily.
- Learn SEO-friendly content creation.
- Analyse any website traffic
- Track and analyse rival sites
- Draught, schedule, and post social media and other material.
Popular keyword research tool Serpstat. Analyse everything about your rivals. One-stop SEO platform.
It includes 5 tools:
- Backlink analysis
- Rank tracking
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- Site Audit
Advanced URL analysis in Serpstat lets you promote any blog page. Find similar pages with that URL and keywords relevant to that page and rivals.
It shows which pages rank well and with what keywords. Know which pages of your competitors get the most traffic. Use this data to optimise your blog for search traffic.
Search suggestions are provided for any keyword. Check how your and your competitors’ keyword rankings are evolving. Serpstat can improve all your underperforming blog posts.
7. Moz free SEO tools
Inbound marketing tool Moz SEO tracks SEO, links, brand recognition, content marketing, and more. We all know Moz pro is a subscription service, however they offer these free SEO tools.
- Mozbar: This browser toolbar provides all Google search result link information. Page Authority, Domain Authority, backlinks, and more. All these metrics are in Mozbar’s SERP overlay.
- Start Site Explorer for powerful backlink analysis.
- Followerwonk: Twitter analytics tool.
Moz free SEO tools provide all SEO information for your blog or website in one location. It shows how your blog compares to competitors’.
Have you checked your blog’s SEO? WooRank has those details if not. This programme instantly reviews any webpage. Free unlimited access for 7 days.
It analyses your blog’s usability, mobile optimisation, and more. To improve blog performance, utilise WooRank to track search engine ranks and backlinks.
Eight sections comprise the Woorank website report:
- SEO provides backlink count and on-page/off-page SEO information.
- Marketing checklist.
- Blog mobile optimisation information.
- Technologies that assess blog speed, W3C compliance, etc.
- Social media popularity of site.
- Local directories list site.
- Uses traffic estimations to determine site popularity.
9. Internet Marketing Ninjas
Below are some great free tools from Internet Marketing Ninjas, an SEO business.
1. Find Broken Links, Redirects & Site Crawl Tool
Use this tool 5 times each day for free. Links are crucial to SEO-optimizing blog material. This tool checks blog internal and external links. It provides link redirect data to help webmasters optimise links.
Simply input your blog URL and choose the number of pages to scan. You can scan 10,000 pages. For email data reporting, you can choose that option.
It displays the number of URLs crawled, HTTP error codes, redirects, links, page size, and more.
2. On-Page Optimisation Tool
On-page SEO relies on meta tags, alt text, and external link anchor text. This tool scans material for keyword repetition, title tags, meta descriptions, and links. Google, Bing, and Yahoo will show your blog URL’s on-page optimisation. The utility is free.
3. Image & Link Analyzer
SEO is hindered by big image files, broken links, and erroneous redirects in blog entries. This tool pinpoints the issue.
Enter your blog URL and click ‘Ninja Check’. It shows broken links, HTTP redirects, images without alt text, image file size, SEO edits can be made using this data.
10. XML Sitemaps
XML is preferred by search engines. To feed the search engine, XML sitemaps are important. Not employing a sitemap is a big mistake. A sitemap tells search engines what to crawl when your site gets new content (blog posts, videos, comments, etc.).
Use XML sitemaps to get search engines to index your blog. It gives search engines all blog content information.
XML sitemaps simplify this process.
- Visit XML sitemaps and enter your blog URL. Click ‘Start’.
- Sitemap generates page information, XML file content, broken link list. It has a sitemap link.
- Download and store it in your blog’s domain root folder.
- Add your sitemap URL to Google Webmaster.
Submitting an XML sitemap to Google, Bing, and Yahoo improves performance since it includes metadata that helps search engines analyse blog material.
11. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog can help you diagnose website SEO issues.
This tool finds and reports certain issues. Screaming Frog detects large images, broken links, duplicate pages, and more.
Use these results to boost your blog’s SEO. Free version allows 500 URL crawls.
You may know that social networking is the new SEO if you blog. Social signals greatly improve search ranks. Ignoring social media is your biggest mistake. Because SEO success depends on social media.
Because I value social metrics, I included Hootsuite in this piece. Hootsuite is great for promoting fresh material, connecting with influential bloggers, and getting opportunities.
You can track social media traffic, brand mentions, and trending keywords. Use this information to optimise social media content and status updates to generate blog visitors.
Collecting and analysing data to increase search traffic requires substantial research. Manual work is time-consuming. SmallSEOTools.com simplifies it.
Using it is easy. Below are its amenities:
- After writing the piece, check for plagiarism.
- If the article needs improvement, it suggests rewriting.
- Suggests post keyword placement.
- It verifies grammar.
- Images can be resized for SEO.
- Check the backlinks to your blog post.
- It analyses blog speed and is crucial for page rank.
- Long-tail keywords for the blog article are suggested.
- Checks post keyword density and makes suggestions.
This free SEO tool has additional features and is all-in-one.
Keywordtool.io offers over 750 free keyword ideas. Gain more keywords, even long-tail ones.
This free programme provides you various terms from Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Enter your seed term and it generates long tail keywords for blog content to boost search traffic.
It provides multiple keyword ideas using Ubersuggest’s letter addition and Google’s autocomplete.
15. Google Adwords Keyword Planner
Use Google keyword planner to find out what people look for. This free tool requires a Google Adwords account.
It offers information like monthly search volume for your seed term. What rivals it? Etc..
This free keyword tool finds blog-traffic keywords. It helps find blog keywords.
SEO depends on keywords, which give your content life. Keyword planner suggests many keywords, but choose ones with good search traffic. Make all your content search engine-friendly. Keyword planner aids this.
Provide your competitor’s URL to see what keywords they rank for. A good SEO strategy is to choose low-competition Google keywords.
How you can use keyword planner for SEO?
- Free keyword planner requires Google Adwords account. After creation, log into Adwords, click Tools, and pick Keyword planner.
- It offers three tools. Search for blog specialty keywords with one tool at a time. Enter seed keyword, location, product description, and targeting country if applicable and click ‘Get ideas’.
- Whatever tool you choose takes you to the “Keyword results page,” where you have two alternatives. ‘Ad group ideas’ and ‘Keyword ideas’. Search both choices for keywords.
Remember, larger “suggested bid” means more profitable information.
16. Answer The Public
Answer The Public SEO tool displays search queries and autocomplete suggestions in a search cloud.
This application makes it easy to find customer questions.
This is its UI after entering a keyword or phrase;
The list above shows all the search engine questions and phrases linked to the keyword you type.
Benefits of using Answer The Public:
Create hundreds of keyword suggestions for any term.
- Find any topic’s FAQs.
- Free to use
- Find any keyword prepositions
- Find relevant keywords for your keywords.
17. Keyword Surfer
Want 100% free SEO tools? Then try Keyword Surfer.
Keyword Surfer is a free browser extension that displays search volumes and related terms in Google search results.
After entering a phrase in Google search, this browser extension automatically extracts keyword statistics, ideas, and search traffic.
Benefits of using Keyword Surfer:
- 100% free forever
- No restriction on keyword ideas
- Find keyword search volume.
- Find keyword similarity to target relevant keywords
- Find domain monthly traffic.
- Find the exact keywords for your top 10 competitors and more.
Ubersuggst is among the greatest free SEO tools if you’re searching for an all-in-one package.
Benefits of using Ubersuggest:
- For any keyword, find the search volume and CPC information.
- Evaluate the backlink profile of any website.
- Find content ideas in your niche that will garner the maximum backlinks and social shares.
- Find out how many people visit any website on average.
- Locate the best SEO pages on any domain or website Find the most expensive keywords on any website
- Examine the domain analytics of any website, including backlinks and domain score.
19. Rich Results Testing Tools by Google
This Google tool is crucial if you want to display rich results (sometimes called “Rich Snippets”) for your website in Google search.
Images, carousels, and other non-textual components can be found in rich results. To find out which rich results your web pages’ structured data can produce, you can test them with the Rich Results Test.
As you can see above, it will indicate to you whether or not your page qualifies for rich results if it is currently employing rich snippets. Additionally, it displays any warnings to you so you may address them and improve the rich snippets that are generated for your webpages.
Benefits of using Rich Results Testing Tools:
- It displays computer and smartphone test results.
- Use it for free.
- You may verify rich snippet results in Google Search Console.
- It warns of issues and proposes improvements.
20. Way Back Machine
Way Back Machine is a massive internet archive with over 617 billion online pages.
Here are some astonishing figures from their 25+ years of web history on the Wayback Machine.
- Web sites 617 billion
- 28 million books and texts
- 14 million sound recordings
- 6-million videos
- 3.5m pics
- 580,000 software and more
Anyone with a free Internet Archive account can upload media.
Why is it helpful?
What did your favourite website look like when it launched? Use Way Back Machine. It provides several screenshots to analyse a domain or website’s past.
here’s how our website looked like (in 2013);
Benefits of using Way Back Machine:
- This reference is citable and shareable.
- You can simply see how a website looked years ago.
- Past videos are available.
- You can find old audio, software, photos, etc.
- Free to use.
21. SEO Analyzer from Neil Patel
Famous blogger Neil Patel gives this free tool. Compare and analyse 3 pages. Features of SEO Analyzer include:
- SEO Analysis helps you correct all SEO problems to boost blog rankings.
- Complete analysis walks you through the report.
- Everyone aspires to write viral content. This programme provides content marketing reports to help you achieve it. It displays your blog’s most popular posts.
- To boost blog traffic and sales, the marketing checklist report prioritises critical tasks. You may focus on what matters.
- Competitive analysis reports explain why your competitors are doing better and where your blog falls short.
Each useful piece of information can boost search traffic.
22. Rank Math SEO
Want more search traffic? Apply Rank Math plugin.
Rank Math is a strong WordPress plugin with built-in suggestions for content optimisation. Keyword tracking, sitemaps, schema, SEO analysis, and more are available.
Benefits of using the Rank Math plugin:
- Offers a simple setup wizard
- Makes content optimisation easy for better rankings
- Import Yoast, AIO, and other SEO plugin settings easily.
- Helps with local SEO and Knowledge Graph coding.
- Has Google Search Console Integration
- Useful for tracking keyword rankings and compatible with most
- WordPress themes and page builders.
- Improves picture SEO by automatically adding ALT tags and controlling indexable pages.
- A complete SEO study can reveal website flaws.
- LSI keyword ideas
23. Google Search Console
All website owners need Google Search Console, a free SEO tool. It tracks website search traffic and performance. Google will also show you all your website issues influencing performance.
To boost ranks, connect your website to Google Search Console with your Google account.
You’ll notice your website’s Google search performance above.
Benefits of using Google Search Console:
- Discover which inquiries attract visitors to your site.
- Review your site’s Google Search impressions, clicks, and position.
- Find and fix site issues
- Provide sitemaps and URLs for indexing.
- Receive email notifications when Google finds website issues.
- Google Search Console’s URL Inspection tool shows how Google Search perceives your pages.
24. SEO Site Checkup
SEO SiteCheckup is a top free SEO tool. It analyses your blog in every category and provides a numerical score summary.
The SEO Site Checkup tool shows the results after 45 inspections in the following sections:
- Optimisations: It checks compression, page size, server speed, caching, etc.
- Common SEO issues: Keyword usage, code-to-text ratio, robots.txt,
- XML sitemap, SEO-friendly URLs, W3C compliance, etc.
- Your blog’s mobile usability is checked.
- Server and security cover everything security-related. Unauthorised access, malware attacks, sensitive data, and suspicious blacklists are checked.
- The semantic web evaluates if a site uses structured data.
- Social media: It checks blog post social media shares.
Optimise your blog’s hidden and apparent content for improved SEO.
It detects plagiarism for free. This matters since duplicating material lowers your blog’s search engine rating. Copyscape should be used to check your blog for duplicate material.
You’ll learn where your blog content is used so you can prevent it. Avoid duplicating material as it hurts search rankings. Choose quality over quantity and employ distinctive titles, meta descriptions, and language to improve search rankings.
26. Mobile-Friendly Test by Google
Billion people visit the web on mobile devices. Make your website mobile-friendly to increase conversions, traffic, and sales.
What’s the best technique to test your site’s mobile readiness?
Use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test. One of the best free SEO tools from Google to check if your site is mobile-responsive.
Simply input a website or URL to view your score.
Benefits of using Mobile-Friendly Test by Google:
- Test your page’s mobile usability easily.
- Find out how mobile users can read, navigate, and access your site.
- It suggests improvements.
- Free to use
The browser add-on is available for most browsers. This tool provides SEO statistics like Google index, Semrush rank, latest updated content, and more for any blog or website.
SEO experts prefer this free tool. Compare URLs and domains, evaluate internal and external links, and audit on-page SEO.
SEOquake offers these features:
- SEObar summarises any webpage you visit.
- One click on SEO dashboard displays Page Authority (PA), Domain Authority (DA), and backlink details.
- SERP overlay analysis is comprehensive.
- Keyword analysis provides thorough information on every page keywords.
Fix blog optimisation difficulties with the above data.
Seoptimer evaluates your blog and makes any necessary changes suggestions. Based on UI, performance, social media activity, SEO, and security, it assigns a grade to your blog.
- It checks HTML header, meta description, keyword consistency, body content, backlinks, broken links, etc. It suggests changes and ways to boost search traffic.
- Your blog’s performance depends on site load speed. It provides detailed file sizes and minification suggestions.
- Mobile users outnumber desktop users. Mobile-friendly blog UIs increase traffic by 60%. Seoptimer proposes improvements.
- It evaluates social campaign engagement. Weakness or strength will be apparent.
- You must ensure your blog is malware-free. This tool identifies blog weaknesses. Rating certifies.
- The points offer ways to improve your blog.
Seoptimer data helps blog editions enhance search traffic.
29. Bing Webmaster Tools
The second-largest search engine after Google is… It’s Bing.
Bing has 2.66% of the search engine market, yet millions of searches occur daily.
If you want more Bing traffic, sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools for free.
Microsoft’s free Bing Webmaster Tools enables website owners add their sites to the Bing crawler for search engine visibility.
Thus, Bing Webmaster Tools is to Bing what Google Search Console is to Google.
As seen above, Bing Webmaster tools offer sitemaps, URL submission, URL inspection, search performance, and more.
Benefits of using Bing Webmaster Tools:
- Know what brings visitors to your site.
- Find what people want
- Tool access for reporting
- Find out how many sites connect to you.
- Allows keyword research.
I realise this post is a giant guide to the top free SEO tools.
Without SEO, traffic and sales are hard to increase. Content, SEO, and design are the keys to a successful blog, and SEO is crucial. The aforementioned SEO tools can help you understand SEO and improve your sites’ search results.
Did you like this enormous SEO tool post? Please share it so others can improve SEO without spending money.